Missing DLL in win98

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 4 14:03:48 EDT 2010

On 6/4/2010 9:08 AM, Spyder42 wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:50:28 +0200, Christian Heimes

>> Python 2.6 is not supported on Windows 98 and earlier. You need at least
>> Windows 2000 with a recent service pack.
>>
>> Christian
>
> So your response is either, you don't know if there is a fix, or 'No
> way in h377.' You couldn't figure out by my post that I already knew
> that?

Get off your high horse. Dumping on volunteer helpers is a good way to
drive them away.

It was not obvious, without closely reading your original post, and even
then it is not clear, that you *knew* than 2.6 was not supported on
Win98. You could have asked 'I know 2.6+ is not officially supported in
win98. Does anyone know a workaround other than upgrading windows or
sticking with 2.5?". *That* would have been clear.

Terry Jan Reedy