Python Forum

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:46:36 EDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 04:15 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> The best solution I've seen is what is used by the Mono project;
> which provides both a "web forum" and a mail list interface.

> <http://go-mono.com/forums/>

I just checked the archives of mono-list vs the forum and it's apparent
that this scheme suffers from the same problem as every other forum
solution.

The threaded flow of discussion is lost, replaced by a flat,
chronological "conversation."  Even though the list archive suggests
there is still a tree structure to posts, when you check into it you
find that it is not a tree at all.  Every message to the forum is taken
to be a reply to the one before, even though it might not be.  The
archive web interface simply abandons nesting at 4 levels or so.