Python Forum

Fri Jun 4 02:08:18 EDT 2010

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:05:19 -0700, Phlip wrote:

> On Jun 3, 9:54 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what rubbish ISPs you're dealing with
>
> You've heard of a little fly-by-night outfit called AT&T?

Yes I have. Aren't they the people who were engaged in a long-running
criminal conspiracy to break the law and commit illegal warrantless
surveillance of American citizens?

If you look at the reviews here:

http://www.dslreports.com/gbu/

they are a distinct second-class ISP, with average B scores. Perhaps
that's better than "rubbish", but it's nothing to be proud about when you
are a company the size of AT&T. When you have that many resources,
anything less than straight A+ is a failure.

And that's not even mentioning their lack of News access, their ham-
fisted and clueless blocking of 4chan (whether in legitimate self-defence
or not), or their stance on net neutrality.

But the really sad thing is that you think that "bigger" automatically
equals "better".

--
Steven