Python Forum

Fri Jun 4 00:54:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:43:58 +0000, Monte Milanuk wrote:

> Decent NNTP access is harder to find.  Not impossible, but no longer a
> 'free' part of most standard ISP access any more.

I disagree. Since I've been on the Internet, over a decade now (what can
I say? I was a slow starter), I've had three ISPs, and all three of them
have provided NNTP access as a standard. One of them tried to cancel
access to *binary* newsgroups, but they reversed that after customer
complaints.

I don't know what rubbish ISPs you're dealing with, or what country
you're in, but not all ISPs in all countries are rubbish.

--
Steven