Windows and My Documents

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jun 3 11:57:11 EDT 2010

On 03/06/2010 16:39, Bob Greschke wrote:
> How do I do a "listdir" (or whatever I need to use) of the Desktop on a
> Windows machine and have "folders" like My Documents show up in the result?
>
> I'm specifically trying to get a link to VMWare Shared Folders to show
> up so I can navigate to files in OSX from WinXP running in VMWare, but
> My Documents doesn't show up, either.
>
> The docs for listdir says it doesn't follow links and I don't think I
> want to tell os.walk to followlinks as that could be zillions of files.

Depends exactly what '"folders" like My Documents' means (since I'm
unfamiliar
with VMWare Shared Folders) but you almost certainly want to use the Shell
functions to walk the shell from the Desktop root. There was a short thread
recently about it which I'll try to dig up (digs...):

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2010-May/010475.html

TJG