git JSONRPC web service and matching pyjamas front-end

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:29:42 EDT 2010

On Jun 29, 6:54 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l... at lkcl.net>
wrote:
> as more than just a proof-of-concept but to get pyjamas out of looking
> like "a nice toy, doesn't do much, great demos, shame about real
> life", i've created yet another git repository browser.  this one,
> thanks to pyjamas, obviously runs as both a desktop application and
> also as a web application - same source code.
>
> pyjamasgitweb is actually two independent happily small projects.  the
> first is simply a JSONRPC-based git web server (in python, using
> python-git) and the second is a matching front-end.
>
> the front-end is happily bare but functional.  a demo is here (please
> be nice to it) where you will see immediately a total lack of colour
> or even borders:http://pyjs.org/pygit

When I load that page all I see is what appears to be the barest of a
web page with some text and links, but no widgets.  If may be
generated with pyjamas but I'm not sure how this fulfills your wish to
do something that does more than "doesn't do much".  I would expect a
demo to at least have some typical GUI features on it--or am I
completely missing the point of what you're doing?

Che