Using Classes

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 07:58:15 EDT 2010

I have been using python for about 1 year now and I really like the
language. Obviously there was a learning curve but I have a programing
background which made it an easy transition. I picked up some good
habits such as automatic code indenting :-), and making my programs
more modular by having functions.

I know that Python is very OOP friendly, but I could not figure out
why and when to use Classes in it. I mostly use it for simple text
parsing  I suppose when a program gets "complicated" I should start
using Classes. Are there any tips or tricks people use to "force" them
into the OOP mentality? I would like to force myself to learn the
Python way but so far I could not figure out WHY I would need a class
for this...

TIA