[Fwd: Re: [ANN] Pyjamas 0.5 Web Widget Set and python-to-javascript Compiler released]

Paul PaulMuhl44 at GMail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:13:37 EDT 2010

The   python-announce-list-owner at python.org   suggested you might have a
solution to my problem.
Please help if you can.
Thanks,
Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [ANN] Pyjamas 0.5 Web Widget Set and python-to-javascript
Compiler released
Date: 	Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:43:48 -0500
From: 	Paul <PaulMuhl44 at GMail.com>
To: 	python-announce-list at python.org, lkcl at lkcl.net

Hi,
PLEASE HELP----
I am at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pyjamas-Desktop/0.1   _right now_
-  _I've been everywhere_.
Is there any way a _complete newbie_ with Linux can get the
Pyjamas-Desktop installed and running
I have a box on which I very recently managed to install Ubuntu 9.10
Apache 2.2.12
MySql 5.1.3.7
PHP 5.2.10-2
JRE 1.6.0_0  &  OpenJDK IcedTea6 1.6.1
Package Manager says libwebkit-1.0-2  1.1.15.2-1 is installed.
                                    python-all  2.6.4ubuntu1
                                    python-all-dev  2.6.4ubuntu1
                                    python-all-dbg  2.6.4ubuntu1
                                    python  2.6.4ubuntu1
                                    python2.4  2.4.6-1ubuntu3.2.9
                                    python2.5  2.5.4-1ubuntu6.1
                                    python2.5-dbg  2.5.4-1ubuntu6.1
                                    python2.5-dev  2.5.4-1ubuntu6.1
                                    python2.6  2.6.4-0ubuntu3
                                    python2.6-dbg  2.6.4-0ubuntu3
                                    python2.6-dev  2.6.4-0ubuntu3
                                    python-dbg  2.6.4-0ubuntu1
        all installed - - - plus some more Python packages - the list
goes on.
I am comfortable with Desktop development (mainframe client / server)
and would really love to find a Desktop IDE that would generate
JavaScript for me.  The Pyjamas-Desktop sounds like the perfect tool
-IF- I could get it up and running.
Please tell me there is a single install -or- list of specific installs
that I need to make things work.
I need step-by-step instructions since I know practically nothing about
Linux or Ubuntu.
Like - if a specific directory is require for a package to work - tell
me it must go in directory  /be/very/specific
Any reply or instructions will be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul