Plain simple unix timestamp with an HTTP GET

Ross rossgk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 20:05:34 EDT 2010

I'd like to just quickly and with a minimum of parsing (ie no screen-
scraping) get a unix epoch timestamp (or another format if necessary).

 I thought with a quick second search on Google I'd find a URL where I
could do a simple urllib2 based HTTP  GET and have a timestamp
returned to me. I don't want to use NTP.
I need this because I want to run it on an embedded system where I
don't have a local timesource, but do have a network service. I'm very
low on memory tho.

I can set up my own service on django I suppose, and just render back
the timestamp from datetime.time() but SURELY someone else is already
doing that?

My googling has fallen flat. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

-Ross.