Builtn super() function. How to use it with multiple inheritance? And why should I use it at all?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 23:54:35 EDT 2010

On Jul 31, 8:48 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you have a class you that don't anything about the implementation
> of, that is NOT the place for inheritance.

And, just to be clear, if the class is explicity documented as being
subclassable and the documentation states the proper procedure for
doing so, that counts as "knowing about the implementation"--even if
you don't know the exact implementation, you do have sufficient
knowledge.

I just don't want someone following up saying, "Well I think it's ok
to inherit from a class you know nothing about if it's documented
properly."  I agree, and that is knowing something about it.

Carl Banks