The untimely dimise of a weak-reference

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Jul 30 10:44:15 EDT 2010

Am 30.07.2010 16:06, schrieb Vincent van Beveren:
> I did not know the object did not keep track of its bound methods. What advantage is there in creating a new bound method object each time its referenced? It seems kind of expensive.

Instances of a class have no means of storing the bound method object.
The or unbound bound method is a simple and small wrapper that keeps a
reference to the class, "self" and the function object. Python keeps a
pool of empty method objects in a free list. The creation of a new bound
method just takes a few pointer assignments and three INCREFs.

Christian