Why is there no platform independent way of clearing a terminal?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 27 13:13:33 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-27, Daniel Fetchinson <fetchinson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> After getting the technicalities out of the way, maybe I should have asked:
>
> Is it only me or others would find a platform independent python API
> to clear the terminal useful?

I write a lot of command-line programs, and I can't remember the last
time time I wanted to clear a terminal.  But then again, pretty much
all of my programs are designed so that they can be used as filters.

About 10 years ago I did need to do a text-mode UI (menus, popups,
text-entry, etc.), and I used newt.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is a tattoo real, like
                                  at               a curb or a battleship?