Multiprocessing zombie processes

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:03:29 EDT 2010

On Jul 25, 1:11 am, Navkirat Singh <navkir... at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK I wanted zombie processes and have been able to regenerate them with multiprocessing. Now lets see how I can handle them.

The multiprocessing docs say:

"""
Joining zombie processes

On Unix when a process finishes but has not been joined it becomes a
zombie. There should never be very many because each time a new
process starts (or active_children() is called) all completed
processes which have not yet been joined will be joined. Also calling
a finished process’s Process.is_alive() will join the process. Even so
it is probably good practice to explicitly join all the processes that
you start.
"""