Multiple versions of Python coexisting in the same OS

Gelonida gelonida at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 03:26:27 EDT 2010

On 07/25/2010 10:39 PM, MRAB wrote:
> News123 wrote:

>> Thus my idea of having a pystarter with a config file
>> mentioning which directories (tools) should use which python executable
>>
> I think that's the wrong way round. A pystarter should ask the _tool_
> which version of Python it needs.

Hm, it's dfifficult to think about a solution satisfying everyone.

Edward seems to insist on a non intrusive solution, where no script is
changed (thus my idea of a config file)

I personally would probably add information to all of my self written
scripts
and create a config file for all other tools (or add a marker file n the
path of these tools)