Multiple versions of Python coexisting in the same OS

Gelonida gelonida at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 10:40:31 EDT 2010

On 07/25/2010 02:46 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 7/25/2010 6:07 AM, Gelonida wrote:
>> Hi Edward,
>>
>> There the windows solution could be something like a small 'pystarter'
>> program, which would decide depending on the file's location / the
>> file's first line which python should be started.
>
> This does not work when Python is invoked internally via a file
> association. That was the point of my saying that the simple solutions
> do not work.

What do you mean with invoking python internally?

call another python script? from a python script.

You could start it again via a pystarter.
or just with python (assuming the starter adapts the path)

The problem, that I currently encounter are some scripts, which want to
use python UNO (open office delivers ther own version of python)
and others which want to use libraries of my 'normal' python.

having the file association point to a python starter and let the python
starter choose could be an option.

However I never tried so far.

the fast and easy option is to just have specific file suffixes for the
open office python scripts (like e.g ) .oopy