[ANN] inflect.py: generate plurals, ordinals, numbers to words...

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Jul 15 12:58:06 EDT 2010

Thomas Jollans, 15.07.2010 18:41:
> On 07/15/2010 01:00 PM, Paul wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce the release of inflect.py v0.1.8, a module that
>> correctly generates:
>>
>> * the plural of singular nouns and verbs
>> * the singular of plural nouns
>> * ordinals
>> * indefinite articles
>> * present participles
>> * and converts numbers to words
>
> Which languages does it support? If the answer is what I expect it is,

It is. Most of the time, when people forget to say what they are talking
about, assuming that they are either US-Americans or Windows users will hit
the nail on the head.

Still, a pretty nice tool, I'd say.

> did you design the module with multilingualism in mind?

Just look at the code, it consists almost exclusively of long lists of
words. Multilingualism clearly wasn't a design goal.

Stefan