Issue with logging.config

Joe Hughes jwhughes at hughesconcepts.com
Wed Jul 14 22:48:36 EDT 2010

Hi Vinay,

	I think I figured out what you are talking about after reading RFC 5424.  I think this means that this code

syslog.info("Status - " + mcu_dict[pinged.ip] + " is " + status[pinged.status])

needs to become something like this

BOM = 0xEFBBBF
msg = str(BOM) + "Status - " + mcu_dict[pinged.ip] + " is " + status[pinged.status]
syslog.info(msg)

This would add the BOM to the message that RFC 5424 requires.  Or did I totally misread it?

Thanks,
Joe