Cpp + Python: static data dynamic initialization in *nix shared lib?

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Tue Jul 13 17:17:14 EDT 2010

On 13 Jul, 22:35, "Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet" <alf.p.steinbach
+use... at gmail.com> wrote:

> In practice, 'extern "C"' matters for the jump tables because for those few
> compilers if any where it really matters (not just the compiler emitting a
> warning like reportedly Sun CC does), different linkage can imply different
> machine code level calling convention.

I see. Just stick to MSVC and GNU and that never happens, just do a C
style cast.

> Yes, I know Boost.Python in more detail and I've heard of all the rest except
> SIP, but then regarding SIP I really don't like QT

You don't have to use Qt to use SIP. It's just a tool to automatically
wrap C++ for Python (like Swig, except designed for C++).

> And as you'd guess if you were not in silly ignoramus assertion-mode, I'm not
> reinventing the wheel.

It seems you are re-inventing PyCXX (or to a lesser extent
Boost.Python).