Plot problem.. ?? No sign at all

Ritchy lelis ritchy_gato at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:12:23 EDT 2010

On 7 jul, 08:38, Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqv... at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010-07-06 19:18, Ritchy lelis skrev:
>
> > On 6 jul, 17:29, Alan G Isaac<alan.is... at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Unfortunately I cannot make sense of the code you posted.
> >> Provide a detailed description in words (or psuedocode)
> >> of what you are trying to accomplish.  Be very careful
> >> and detailed is you want a useful response.
>
> >> Alan Isaac
>
> > hummm...
>
> > ok, i will try to make that detailed description.
>
> I can tell you why I do not understand from your posted code what you
> are trying to do.
>
> Firstly, I do not understand if you are trying to plot a surface, a set
> of curves, or a curve, or just a set of points? In your posted code, the
> plot command is part of the else clause, and my guess is that you never
> intend the else-clause to be executed at all.
>
> In your code snippet you loop over two arrays (Vi and Vref), compute a
> scalar value V0, and all plot-commands you issue are of the form
> plot(V0). This will probably draw a line of one point (for each value in
> Vi and Vref), which may not be what you want, and if it draws anything
> at all, then all points will be drawn at the same x-value, which is also
> probably not what you want.
>
> Secondly, how are the Vi and Vref related to your axes? I assume you
> want to plot all values you compute for V0, but as a function of what?
> When I use the plot command, I usually give it (at least) two arguments,
> where the first is the x-axis, and the second is the y-axis.
>
> After I have understood those things, the next question would be about
> the maths relating the Vi and Vref values to the V0 values, but I do not
> think I will understand those until after the above points are explained
> clearer.
>
> I definitely think your english is not a problem here.
>
> Johan

hi Johan

Thanks for the interest in my problem... really appreciate.

About the plot draw it's a curve that it's a set of points wich it's
the result of the comput of the Vref and Vi together. I don't know if
i had to make a break instruction (like in other's languages) after
the "If" instructions if i want the else-condition to be executed? ...
(do you have some sujestions?)
Anyway i have a picture of a tuturial that i found but in this forum i
can't post it. That pic would show what a really want...

Relatively to the axis, the Vi takes the x-axis and the Vref takes the
y-axis.

As i said, i have a good 2 pic of a doc that has the information about
this ADC that i'm developing.

I would appreciate more of your help, if you permit me i could send
you those 2 pic and i guarantee that you would got the certain vision
of the problem.

I'll be waiting for your answer, i thing that you can help me.

Cheers.

Ritchy Lelis