Download Microsoft C/C++ compiler for use with Python 2.6/2.7 ASAP

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Tue Jul 6 15:33:33 EDT 2010

On 6 Jul, 19:46, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell... at dcuktec.org>
wrote:

> Public download that is, people like me who have a MSDN subscription can
> still download old versions like Visual Studio 2005.

That's nice to know, but I personally don't have an MSDN subscription.
Many scientists don't have access to development tools like VS2008.
Many hobby developers don't have access expensive MSDN subscriptions.
Many don't develop C personally, but just "needs a compiler" to build
an extension with distutils. And for all of us not subscribing to
MSDN, this is the only remaining source.