The real problem with Python 3 - no business case for conversion (was "I strongly dislike Python 3")

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Jul 6 08:30:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:30:34 +0800
David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that would be very useful is how to maintain something that
> works on 2.x and 3.x, but not limiting yourself to 2.6. Giving up
> versions below 2.6 is out of the question for most projects with a

Yes, PyGreSQL officially supports 2.3 and up.  That means that we can't
use "from __future__".  We might be able to bump that to 2.4 in the
next release but I wouldn't want to jump all the way to 2.6 in one
version release.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves