The real problem with Python 3 - no business case for conversion (was "I strongly dislike Python 3")

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Mon Jul 5 16:30:43 EDT 2010

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:42:13 -0400
Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Good start. Now what is blocking those four?
> Lack of developer interest/time/ability?
> or something else that they need?

How about a basic how-to document?  I maintain PyGreSQL and would like
to move it to 3.x right now but I don't even know what the issues are.
I can see on the site the 2.x documents and the 3.x documents for
extending with C modules and I can read both from end to end but that
hits the time issue above.  If there was a relatively simple document
that showed what needed to be changed in the C code we could get
started on the transition sooner.

Or is there no change at the C level?  That would make things easy.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves