Plot problem.. ?? No sign at all

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Mon Jul 5 08:49:39 EDT 2010

Ritchy lelis wrote:
> hello guys..
>
> I'm new at python programming and i'm having some problems with a
> script that i have been developing for my final project of my
> graduation.
>
> I have a script that is supposed to make a plot of a
> "Residuo" (waveform) witch is an output of a ADC ( Analogic To Digital
> Converter) for the first stage of the Flash pipiline ADC
> structure.This script doesn't show any syntax errors but it doesn't
> show no waveform at all at the plot window.
>
> I'm worried about this situation so I came here looking for help since
> I am new to the Python language.

> from pylab import*
>
> Vref = arange(1, 20, 0.02)
> Vi = arange(1, 10,0.1)
>
> for i in Vref:
>      for n in Vi:
>           if n > i/4:
>                 V0 = 2*n-i
>           elif (-i/4) <= n and n <= i/4:
>                 V0 = 2*n
>           elif Vi < -i/4:
>                 V0 = 2*n+i
>           else:
>                 print "Try Again"
>                 ##print V0
>                 plot (V0)boboz10

Only the first 2 'if' conditions are ever true, so nothing is ever
plotted.

Also, I don't know what you're trying to do here:

     elif Vi < -i/4:

because Vi is an array and i is a float. If Python ever tried to execute
it there would be a ValueError exception:

ValueError: The truth value of an array with more than one element is
ambiguous.
  Use a.any() or a.all()