python app development

Andre Alexander Bell post at andre-bell.de
Sat Jul 3 14:02:25 EDT 2010

On 07/03/2010 07:48 PM, mo reina wrote:
> an anyone recommend a resource (book,tutorial,etc.) that focuses on
> application development in python? something similar to Practical
> Django Projects, but for stand alone applications instead of web apps
> (for now).

I think you are referring to GUI applications. There are plenty of GUI
Libraries out there. One of my favorites is the Qt library by Nokia
(former by Trolltech) for which you can get python bindings PyQt and PySide.

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/index.html
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk
http://www.pyside.org

You might want to read through the tutorials given in the documentation
at the Nokia site and possibly take a look at the examples provided
with, e.g. PyQt.

I'm sure other will add in more valuable links and suggestions.

Best regards

Andre