ipython problem in opening a file

youngung youngung.jeong at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 08:33:36 EDT 2010

Hello pythoners!

I just dived into ipython since I'd like to make use of matplotlib.
Over the trials, I came across a problem.
One of the scripts that I have is not working with ipython, while it
has been and still is working well with Python GUI.

The problem is, even though I have the file in the c:\python26 folder,
IPython can't fine it.

One of the many things I tried, is as below.

f=open('od.txt','w')
IOError                                   Traceback (most recent call
last)

C:\Windows\system32\<ipython console> in <module>()

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'od.txt'

What should I do further to solve this problem?