Why Is Escaping Data Considered So Magical?

Thu Jul 1 19:47:00 EDT 2010

In message <mailman.2370.1277871088.32709.python-list at python.org>, Michael
Torrie wrote:

> On 06/29/2010 06:26 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> I'm not sure you understood me correctly, because I advocate
>>> *not* doing input sanitization. Hard or not -- I don't want to know,
>>> because I don't want to do it.
>>
>> But no-one has yet managed to come up with an alternative that involves
>> less work.
>
> Your case is still not persuasive.

So persuade me. I have given an example of code written the way I do it. Now
let’s see you rewrite it using your preferred technique, just to prove that
your way is simpler and easier to understand.

Enough hand-waving, let’s see some code!