[Edu-sig] odd drawing problem with turtle.py

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:44:35 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Vern Ceder <vceder at canterburyschool.org> wrote:
> kirby urner wrote:
>>
>> I don't see where you've defined a Turtle class to instantiate sir.
>
> The Turtle class is part of the turtle library, so that's not an issue.

Hey, good point Vern, not firing on all cylinders over here.

So I just commented out the Circle loop, went straight to the Turtle
part at the end.

It works OK for me, even without the visible=True.

I'm on Python 2.6 on Win7 and I took out the numpy randint in favor of
random randint.

turtle.py in lib_tk:  # Version 1.0.1 - 24. 9. 2009

I'm maybe not the right beta tester though, as after I uncomment the
circle loop, I just get an hour-glass on my Tk canvas and no drawing,
no error message either, even with visible=True in the init.

Not sure what that's about yet...

Hey, I just found out about piratepad.net, another shared white board solution.
Was helping a dude in Indonesia debug a VPython script just a moment ago,
with variable names in Indonesian (Latin-1 spellings at least).

I've appended what we're working on.

[ on second thought, I'll spare ya ]

Kirby
>>>        self.turtle=Turtle(visible=False)

Does visibility *and* pen need to be controlled?  Sorry for
the basic question, but seems if pen is up...