Keyboard input

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:51:46 EST 2010

2010/1/29 Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar>:

> That's strange. If you're using Linux, make sure you have the readline
> package installed.

I'm using Linux. Ubuntu. I checked on synaptic and I have
readline-common. Do you mean something else?

Anyway I tried running the program in the iPython shell and it works
great. I mean, I can do backspace and other stuff.

> If readline capabilities are not enough, you could try Urwid, a library for
> writing console programs: http://excess.org/urwid/ - but it's a big move.
> wxPython would let you write a graphical interface (and it's a bigger move!)

Yes, I know about Urwid and wxPython and they're just too much. I was
thinking about curses too, as suggested by others here, but that's too
much too.