Keyboard input

Fri Jan 29 22:03:04 EST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:38:47 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:

>> I'm using the raw_input method and it works fine, but I noted that I
>> can't use backspace and when I accidentally press shift space (because
>> I need to input uppercase letters separated by a space) it writes some
>> strange characters.
>
> That's strange. If you're using Linux, make sure you have the readline
> package installed.

Yes, I have this same issue too, I've just recently installed Python 2.0
(as well as 1.5, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 and 3.1), and while all the other
versions recognise the readline package, this doesn't:

>>> x = 1
>>> # hit up arrow to get previous line
... ^[[A

I'm pretty sure I built 2.0 the same way I built all the others, anyone
have any hints as to what I missed?

--
Steven