Wrap a function

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 29 01:01:36 EST 2010

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:24:28 -0800 (PST), Joan Miller:
> > On 28 ene, 19:16, Josh Holland <j... at joshh.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Check the docs on os.system().
> > No. I've a function that uses subprocess to run commands on the same
> > shell and so substitute to bash scrips. But a script full of run
> > ("shell_command --with --arguments") is too verbose.
>
> 	I shall blaspheme, and suggest that maybe the language you want
> to use is REXX (ooREXX or Regina).

Heh. That isn't blasphemy, because no true Pythonista [0] would claim
Python to be the god of that domain.

It's no sin to say that Python isn't a good choice for specific things;
and “I want to write programs by indistinguishably mixing statements
with external system calls” is one of them, IMO.

[0] fully aware of <URL:http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/No_True_Scotsman>,
    thanks in advance.

--
 \      “Natural catastrophes are rare, but they come often enough. We |
  `\   need not force the hand of nature.” —Carl Sagan, _Cosmos_, 1980 |