Wrap a function

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Thu Jan 28 18:36:37 EST 2010

On Jan 28, 2:16 pm, Joan Miller <pelok... at gmail.com> wrote:

> There would be to make a function for each system command to use so it
> would be too inefficient, and follow the problem with the quotes.
>
> The best is make a parser into a compiled language

Yeah, you could do that. Or you can simply rely on /bin/sh to do the
parsing and everything else for you. No need to re-invent the wheel. I
don't think Python will ever beat sh as a shell replacement.

When people say that Python is great for some situations, but not so
much for others, I think they thought of running commands like this as
"other",