Library support for Python 3.x

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jan 27 12:25:09 EST 2010

In article <9f3c3$4b605a65$4275d90a$30451 at FUSE.NET>,
Kevin Walzer  <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:

>I'm going to be starting some new Python projects in Python 2.6, but am
>concerned that at least three of the libraries I will be
>using--pycrypto, paramiko and feedparser--are not currently supported in
>Python 3.x. The authors of these programs have not given any indication
>that work is underway to support Python 3.x. Eventually I plan to
>migrate to Python 3.x.
>
>I don't want to be stuck using libraries that may not be updated for the
>next generation of Python. How are others handling this issue?

>From my POV, your question would be precisely identical if you had
started your project when Python 2.3 was just released and wanted to
know if the libraries you selected would be available for Python 2.6.

Choose the best libraries for your circumstances now and worry about the
future later.

import antigravity