Broken Python 2.6 installation on Ubuntu Linux 8.04

John Ladasky ladasky at my-deja.com
Sun Jan 24 19:13:16 EST 2010

Thanks, Benjamin, I am getting a handle on this.

I've written my own Python modules before, and have installed them
using distutils.  So I know that procedure.  I just downloaded the
Numpy 1.4.0 tarball, and I succeeded in installing it.  A program I
wrote which depends on numpy ran successfully from SCIte.  I'll move
on to matplotlib and biopython next.

I also succeeded in running both the Python 2.6 and the Python 2.5
interpreters from the terminal prompt as you suggested.

Not sure whether I'll need to play with .bashrc yet.