list.pop(0) vs. collections.dequeue

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jan 24 15:13:16 EST 2010

On 1/24/2010 2:26 PM, Steve Howell wrote:

> I think it's a good idea to write a PEP on this issue, and I will
> attempt a first draft.  I think I should submit the first draft to
> python-ideas, correct?

That is not a *requirement* for drafts in general, but it is a good idea
for a community or community-person generated proposal, such as this one.

> I expect the PEP to be at least initially, if not permanently,
> rejected,

Guido sometimes rejects 'no-chance' proposals without waiting to be
asked, but he usually waits until the PEP author feels the issue is ripe
and asks for a pronouncement.

tjr