Symbols as parameters?

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Fri Jan 22 09:41:05 EST 2010

* Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> On Friday 22 January 2010, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>> I get the impression that there's some message traffic that I don't
>> see
>
>> For example, the recent thread "Covert number into string" started
>> with a  reply in my newreader, using EternalSeptember's NNTP host.
>>
>> It also starts with a reply in Google's archives, <url:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/threa
>> d/b8097d4de4a9c9b0/cb3a2e6ccd7736ef>.
>
> did you check your spam folder?

No, I don't have one for Usenet traffic, using Thunderbird as client.

> I got the original. If you want to, I can mail you the headers
> privately

:-)

Thanks!, but it's not necessary.

It was just an example that somehow *some* articles are evidently missing in the
view that I have (and Google has). Perhaps there is some spam filter somewhere.
And what such filters do can be rather arbitrary and completely ungrokkable.

Cheers,

- Alf