Symbols as parameters?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Jan 21 14:06:35 EST 2010

Am 21.01.10 20:01, schrieb Alf P. Steinbach:
> * Diez B. Roggisch:
>> Am 21.01.10 19:48, schrieb Alf P. Steinbach:
>>> * Diez B. Roggisch:

>>> So?
>>
>> Oh please. You claim you provided exactly what the OP asked for. But
>> in the body of move, all you can do is to compare the direction
>> parameter tco "up", not to UP. So no, you provided *something*, but
>> not what the OP asked for.
>
> Pardon me for not taking you seriously or not getting the joke, if
> that's what it's meant as.

No joking, unless you started it somewhere earlier. The OP didn't want
to compare to a string, yet your "example" forces him to exactly do
that. If not, would you care to show us the fulfillment of "the
parameter IS REALLY NOT A STRING, but a direction" in your example? Thanks.

You see, it seems that you agreeing to be wrong is something your are so
adamantly refusing to acknowledge that I'm inclined to believe that in
the event of this really happen one day, a great rift in the very fabric
of space and time would appear, and the world would end. If this
conversation was in my native language and not in yours, I'd might give
it a shot, just to see what really happens. But as it isn't, and I guess
everybody else except you knows that your wrong - I wont.

HTH,

Diez