Generic Python Benchmark suite?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jan 18 12:47:40 EST 2010

Le Mon, 18 Jan 2010 01:58:42 -0800, Anand Vaidya a écrit :
> Is there a generic python benchmark suite in active development? I am
> looking forward to comparing some code on various python implementations
> (primarily CPython 2.x, CPython 3.x, UnladenSwallow, Psyco).
>
> I am happy with something that gives me a relative number eg: ULS is 30%
> faster than CPy2.x etc
>
> I found pybench which is probably not maintained actively.

pybench is not abandoned. However, it only gets an addition now and then.
More importantly, it's a set of low-level microbenchmarks designed to
stress the execution cost of certain primitives. It won't give you the
answer to any high-level questions.

In the SVN sandbox (*) you'll find a couple of other benchmarks:
- stringbench, stressing string operations
- iobench, stressing common file I/O operations
- ccbench, trying to measure interpreter efficiency in the face of multi-
threaded workloads

(*) http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/

Regards

Antoine.