The answer

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:00:16 EST 2010

Jive Dadson <notonthe... at noisp.com> wrote:
> That requires a directory whose name embeds the Python version number,
> which is the evil from which I flee, or rather sought to flee.  Imagine
> if all your C++ code had to go into directories that were named for some
> specific C++ compiler.  It's just WRONG.  It's a maintenance nightmare
> to have a bunch of different source files that all have to be updated
> whenever you fix a bug or add a feature.

With the PEP 370 approach, you can just designate a folder the core
one and symlink all other versions to it. Or better yet, use version
control to push updates to each folder.

With all of the versions sharing one folder, as you'd prefer, it would
be a lot more difficult to actually achieve version-level granularity
if and when you need it. It's not WRONG, it's just providing a level
of control that you don't need at this point.