Inheriting methods but over-riding docstrings

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:28:03 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 19:45, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at start.no> wrote:
> Steven: on a personal note, earlier when I saw you (I think it was you)
> using the "Norwegian Parrot" example I thought it referred to me because
> that was the only sense I could make of it, it followed right after some
> discussion we had. Thus my impression of you or or responses in this group
> was colored by a false interpretation. But, checking, which is often a good
> idea!, and *which I should have done then*, as far as I can see the term was
> first used in this group in April 2001, <url:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/12a125ceddd401e2/c021547a1dc14a41>.
>
> It's still a mystery to me what it refers to, though... :-)

I can't really comment on decorators and subclassing yet (still a
newb) but I am finding this discussion very informative... and lo
there IS something I can comment on.

The Norwegian Blue is a remarkable bird.  Beautiful plumage!  Though
they do like to lie around on their backs a bit, and seem to spend
their time either resting, or pining for the fjords.  Yes lovely
plumage, indeed!

Google the remarkable Norwegian Blue Parrot and you'll fall in love as
I did so long ago :)

--

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a
day." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/marie_von_ebnereschenbac.html