A simple-to-use sound file writer

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Sat Jan 16 18:38:02 EST 2010

* Steve Holden:
> Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>> * Steve Holden:

[snip]
> So here you have an interesting example of a
> piece of code that is pathological in Python2. All you have to change is
> to add
>
>   from __future__ import __division__
>
> and bingo! It's a multi-language program. But try seeing what 2to3 says
> about your Python3 code :)
>
> I will forgive you the omission of the ".0" because I too would assume
> that it would be slower.

I did not make any such assumption, no. The *1 just lingered from some testing.

[snip]
> and so on, but I still get silence from the Quicktime player.

I don't know, sorry.

It might be that [simple_sound] also needs the "from __future__" treatment.

But anyway, with 2.x compatible code you can now see that the sample values
produced are correct (just print them, or graph them).

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf