chr(12) Form Feed in Notepad (Windows)

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Jan 16 17:41:36 EST 2010

John Yeung wrote:
> In another response, Tim Chase suggested creating an RTF file instead
> of plain text.  I think this is your best bet if your goal is to get
> page breaks with the least amount of additional effort.
>
> The package he's probably referring to is PyRTF.  I took a quick look
> at it and in my opinion it's overkill for your purposes.

Yes, John is correct -- it was PyRTF that I tinkered with (which
can be overkill if all you want to do is what John describes).
I'm not well versed in RTF, and he demonstrates:

> I am too lazy to have actually read any documentation on RTF, but it's
> freely available on the Web should you need to reference i

even in his laziness, he helpfully provided a quick guide on how
to hand-create simple documents without the addition of a
full-blown RTF toolkit like PyRTF.

-tkc