chr(12) Form Feed in Notepad (Windows)

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Sat Jan 16 10:37:48 EST 2010

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:17:35 -0800
> "W. eWatson" <wolftracks at invalid.com> wrote:
>> Could be, but I have no way of easily knowing. In any case, I was trying
>> to write a simple report that could be printed with titles at the top of
>> each page. If there's another "common" format that I can write in to
>> produce the file, that's fine. It may be this is so difficult to be
>> impossible. Long, long ago this was no problem. :-)
>
> Why not generate a PostScript or PDF file in the first place?  Check
> out reportlab.

New Courier and NotePad produces a good looking result.

I'm trying to keep this effort to a minimum. I don't think tracking down
how to write PP code PDF code is worth for this effort.

In another related effort that I might get involved in, it would be good
to be able to produce graphical data as from MatPlotLib and be able to
print that to a printer directly from a Python program.