ctypes error

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.no.spam.ac.nz
Fri Jan 15 19:29:58 EST 2010

Gib Bogle wrote:
> It has occurred to me that the error may have nothing to do with
> ctypes.  The DLL was built on one machine and copied to the other (which
> doesn't have the compiler installed).  Although both machines are
> running Windows XP, there might be some subtle differences.
>
> I see that the build machine has XP Professional, Version 2002, Service
> Pack 2, while the machine that fails to load the DLL has XP Home
> Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.  Who knows.

I'm a bit embarrassed to report that the problem has nothing to do with Python.
  My DLL was built with dynamic library linking, and apparently there are some
differences between the various Intel DLLs used on the two machines.  Following
advice from the Intel Fortran forum, I created the DLL with static library
linking, and now all works as expected.  Sorry to waste your time.