Simple distributed example for learning purposes?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Jan 15 10:56:55 EST 2010

On 15/01/2010 15:43, r0g wrote:
> Distributed password cracking? It's really simple yet potentially
> engaging and could be a good segway into teaching them about
> computability and security. All you need is a bunch of password hashes
> and a wordlist.

At the moment, that's pretty much what my example is. I'm hanging
on to other people's examples in the event that I get the chance
to make use of them. And, yes, I intend to use it as an opportunity
to talk about security issues.

Thanks for confirming that the idea is at least credible.

TJG

(BTW, is segway a conventional way of spelling that where you come
from? I've not seen it written that way before.)