A simple-to-use sound file writer

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Fri Jan 15 03:22:15 EST 2010

* Steven D'Aprano:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:23:48 +0100, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>
>> You're again into innuendo, misleading statements and so forth.
> [...]
>> [Steve Holden] prefers to spout innuendu, personal attacks and
>> misleading statements.
>
> Your constant and repeated accusations that any questioning of you is
> deliberate lying and innuendo (innuendo of what, I wonder?) is getting
> tiresome. You did this to me, accusing me of deliberate lying, and now
> you're doing the same to Steve.

You did lie, that's established. In addition as I recall in the same post you
went on about my motivations for doing the Terrible Deed that you invented. And
you named one poor person who'd made a silly mistake, stating that he didn't do
what the logs clearly showed he did do, and I think that was to force me to
argue a case against him (but happily he did a superb job after that initial
mistake, it would have been much harder for me to respond to your egging if not
for that very good job he did).

And now you're trying to get me to argue a case against another person.

That's not very nice.

> Just because people question the (alleged) facts as you report it doesn't
> mean they're deliberately trying to mislead others. Hasn't it occurred to
> you that perhaps we're not deliberately lying to make you look bad but
> actually think you are mistaken? A difference of opinion is not evidence
> that people are lying.

Mostly I assume that people who disagree with me think I'm mistaken, yes.

But when someone writes an article that's mainly or only about me, as has
happened once earlier in this thread and that now you're doing, then I of course
assume that it's personal, that the person writing has transferred some
grievances from the technical domain to the personal domain.

> For somebody who fancies himself a writer teaching beginners to
> programming, your communication skills leave something to be desired. I
> hope your book is better than your posts, because from what I have seen
> your writing in this newsgroup is frequently sloppy and hard to
> understand, you tend to use terms in non-standard ways and then take any
> misunderstandings as a personal affront, and if anyone questions what you
> say, you're likely bristle and start looking for a fight.

I'm probably a bad person, he he. :-)

> I don't know what your problem is, but I wish you'd deal with it in
> private and stop dumping it on the rest of us. You're a smart fellow who
> brings much of value to the community, but dealing with your posts is
> becoming more trouble than they're worth.

Well please stop posting these silly articles about me, and *please* stop
dragging other people into it.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf