Author of a Python Success Story Needs a Job!

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 18:37:44 EST 2010

Aahz wrote:
> In article <6a12ed15-e7f9-43ab-9b90-984525808f91 at o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> Novocastrian_Nomad  <gregory.j.baker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why is it so many, so called high tech companies, insist on the 19th
>> century practice of demanding an employee's physical presence in a
>> specific geographic location.
>
> Because it works better?  My current job is mostly done at the office,
> and I think it leads to better morale in many ways.  I'm not sure about
> productivity, though.

Ironically, I have heard that if your bossoids are enlightened enough to require
pair programming for most development, and if you install a full telecommuting
rig of remote eyeballs, Skype with audio, and a remote desktop solution such as
VNC, you can remotely pair very productively.

(He posted from work, soloing! ;)

--
   Phlip