A simple-to-use sound file writer

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Thu Jan 14 12:18:15 EST 2010

* Steve Holden:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2010-01-14, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at start.no> wrote:
> [bogus hand-waving]
>>> After all, it's the basis of digital representation of sound!
>> Huh?  I've only studied basic DSP, but I've never heard/seen
>> that as the basis of digital represention of sound.  I've also
>> never seen that representation used anywhere.

Just for the record: Grant has seen that representation numerous times, he just
didn't recognize it.

>  Can you provide any references?
>>
> Of course he can't.  And it isn't the basis of analog quantization.

Of course it isn't the basis of quantization: it *is* quantization, directly.

Which is the basis of digital representation.

> And I suspect Alf has never hear of Shannon's theorem.

It's about 30 years since I did that stuff.

> But don't listen to me, apparently I'm full of it.

You're spouting innuendo and personal attacks, repeatedly, so that seems to be
the case, yes. :-)

Cheers,

- Alf