A simple-to-use sound file writer

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 14 07:38:13 EST 2010

Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> Just as a contribution, since someone hinted that I haven't really
> contributed much to the Python community.
>
> The [simple_sound] code will probably go into my ch 3 at <url:
> http://tinyurl.com/programmingbookP3>, but sans sine wave generation
> since I haven't yet discussed trig functions, and maybe /with/ changes
> suggested by you?

I wouldn't hold back on the sine wave just because it would represent a
"forward reference". That's OK sometimes. Why not just put a comment in
to the effect that "The sine wave is created using a function from the
math module, which we'll be looking at in ..."?

Since the sine is the basis for all other waveforms its omission would
seem more than a little strange to anyone knowledgeable about audio, for
example.

regards
 Steve
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/