Microsoft Office Word and Python (Win XP)

David Monaghan monaghand.david at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 20:09:46 EST 2010

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 11:18:12 -0800 (PST), "3lvss0809 at gmail.com"
<3lvss0809 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dennis Lee Bieber: Im not familiar with python, also Im not
>programmer.

What you want to do isn't complicated, but it isn't simple either, unless
you're familiar with VBA/VBS. I approach these problems by first getting the
VBA code by recording a macro within Word. I then convert it to VB Script,
which is a learning process in itself. Converting that script to Python com
is another learning process and then putting the whole thing together with
file finding and saving is another job.

When you've done that, you won't feel able to say you're not a programmer -
and you should feel familiar with Python, too.

DaveM