Scripting

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 8 17:44:31 EST 2010

Jorgen Grahn <grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se> writes:

> Regarding the book's title: is it just me, or are Python programmers
> in general put off when people call it "scripting"?

The term “script” for a Python program is part of the official
terminology, so those who would be put off by that term have to at least
contend with that fact.

I refer to such things as “programs”, whatever language they're written
in, since “script” does seem to have derogatory connotations. I don't
get particularly off-put either way.

--
 \       “He was the mildest-mannered man / That ever scuttled ship or |
  `\       cut a throat.” —“Lord” George Gordon Noel Byron, _Don Juan_ |